Friday, October 31, 2008

SCISSORS DOWN THE FOOT, NEEDLE TO THE BOSOM

SCISSORS DOWN THE FOOT, NEEDLE TO THE BOSOM read an article by the famous Tamil writer- speaker, Mr Suki Sivam. It ran like this.“ I once went abroad and on return, gifted a swiss scissor to my tailor who had requested it. Sometime later I visited him. I was upset that the expensive scissor I had presented to him was lying carelessly on the floor near his feet. I asked him why he was so careless about expensive articles. The tailor took time, and answered “ Sir, please pardon me if it hurt you. But I have to tell you this. In my shop I always keep the scissor on the floor, whatever be its cost” and before I could protest, he continued, “ Sir, look here ! ” he pointed out to his upper shirt pocket. On the pocket, a needle was neatly pinned. He said, “ do you know why I keep an in expensive needle on my bosom?” “Sir” he continued, “I give the needle respect because it joins (cloths). I threw down the scissor because it always separates and cuts”

No comments: